1. Failure to have a trading plan in place before a trade is executed.
2. Inadequate trading assets or improper money management.
3. Expectations that is too high, too soon.
4. Failure to use protective stops.
5. Lack of “patience” and “discipline.”
6. Trading against the trend–or trying to pick tops and bottoms in markets.
7. Letting losing positions ride too long.
8. “Over-trading.” Trading too many markets at one time is a mistake.
9. Failure to accept complete responsibility for your own actions.
10. Not getting a bigger-picture perspective on a market.